Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day Zero

Monday, August 30th, 2010

Well, I'm in.


I've forked out $654.30 to line up with 3000 athletes in Penticton for Ironman Canada next August, 2011. This morning I got up at 6am I was so excited, and drove into Penticton to line up with the volunteers and get in for next yeras race.  The line wasnt bad, 1/2 hour tops, and my heart mustve been in zone 3 as I read out my CC # and info.  A nice touch by a racer as he was driving out of town and saw me in my volunteer shirt, he thanked me for volunteering yday and we chatted briefly.

In all honesty I've thought about this for months, even years, after being inspired seeing good friends Darren and Josh finish the race in both 08 and 09.  I've come to terms with the fact that I *can* do this, and will put the work in to accomplish this goal.  Talking it over with the fiance, who supports and even pushed me into doing this, only solidified that this is the right time and place.  There comes a time in a persons life where you have to be a little selfish, but I believe a person will come out of this changed, stronger, better, healthier.  It'll be a long hard year, and it all starts now, not tomorrow, or next week, or even Jan.1st.

here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment