Monday, September 13, 2010

Penticton Training

AUG.30-2010

This place is just such a mecca for training, both Okanagan and Skaha lakes nearby, the canal trail, and great road rides all over the valley!  After signing up I was so jacked up I couldn't wait to get a road ride in.  The fiance and I both geared up on the road rides for a very easy 30k loop around Skaha starting and ending in Kaleden.  Beautiful ride with only one real hill.


True to her word, she pushed me out with a 'you should go for a run now'.  We drove over to Sudbury Beach and she set up basecamp in the sand while I threw on my sneaks and hit the canal trail up for a 10k in the heat.  I decided to push it into a solid tempo run managing to hold sub 5's for alot of this, anda a negative split never hurts!  Got back to the beach and straight into skaha for a natural ice bath and soak just as the rain showers started.

Felt great before the drive back to Van..

No comments:

Post a Comment