Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Swim Sesh - Sasamat Lake

Thurs, September 2nd, 2010

Sasamat Lake.  My 3rd open water swim, wanted to get one more under my belt before next weeks Cultus Lake Triathlon.  The Tri-Club was supposed to be swimming here today and I was hoping to meet up with them, especially being nervous about swimming clear across the lake.  Unfortunately I didn't see anyone I knew or who had green caps on, so I was off solo.  No one seemed overly friendly that I spoke with either.

Sasamat's a sweet lake, calm water today, but I wasn't game to go the full 550m across and 550 back on my own with no one around to make sure I didnt bob twice and sink.  I went out about 200, back, then parallel to the beach and back.  Fairly poor session but I guess its experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment