Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swim Club Entry, Time to be Humbled 3/28

Recognizing that if I'm going to have a shot in hell at completing the swim leg of Ironman Canada this summer, I had better get some better form on the swim.  Bad technique just means you'll work as hard or harder than others but you won't go anywhere.

I joined up with the Hub City Tri Club, hoping to meet a few people and get out on some training rides with them through the spring and summer.  The club has set up a swim coach for a 12 week set, Mondays and Wednesdays at 6am.  Waking up at 5 can only get easier....

Today was tough, and so so humbling.  I stumbled around at 5am, in the darkness drove out of the garage and over to the NAC.  The swim coach is John, seems like a good guy.  The group appears to be an uber fit assembly of very fast swimmers.  I went in the slower lane and got absolutely worked.  Today ended up being about 1600m, with the coach giving me plenty of tips out of the water. 

I am a human anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment